Thursday, April 9, 2020

April is National Poetry Month

A celebration of poetry was introduced in 1996. The Academy of American Poets wanted to remind everyone the important aspect that poetry brings to life. The website has so many virtual ideas to try and do as we extend in to our new #Covid19 lifestyle.





ACTIVITY:
One of my favorite poets that I introduced my children to is Maya Angelou. I shared a story on youtube with them and for our Easter weekend, they are going to work on a poem to share with the family.

ALL AGES: 
Teaching Tolerance has a good article in their Spring Issue about her life, what teachers can do, and a question and answer with her grandson.

Another one of my favorite video demonstrations of her Poem, Still I rise, can be found here.



I hope you can write a poem and learn about the many poets that create thought, feeling, and expression. Now would be a good time to capture our emotions. Happy Writing!



No comments:

Post a Comment