Monday, February 21, 2011

Integrating History: President's Day

I find myself without a computer this week, only my iPad. However, I wanted to take this time to explain to my daugher why we had no school. There really is no easy way to explain it to a child, but Helen Frost wrote a book called President's Day that is simple in the explanation. Go to amazon.com for This book : President's Day.


For a quick activity, hang a white paper on the wall, have your child stand sideways for their profile, and trace the shadow. With the use of a flashlight placed on a table, it offers an easy way to make a shadow.

For older children, have them write a letter to the President thanking him for his service or have them write what they would do if they were President. Either way, you have spent 20 minutes honoring our leaders and can go out to the sales!

No comments:

Post a Comment