Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Integrating Discipline:Best Behavior Series

My almost perfect child is 2 years old. She is mature for her age--potty trained before age 2, her vocabulary spans words that most 4 year olds have, etc. However, she is still two and well, recently she has been hitting mommy. That has since ended but today for the second time in her life (first time was at 18 months), she bit another kid at daycare.

I went to my trusty series I had actually bought for my first grade class a long time ago and we sat back down to read a new story in the "Best Behavior Series". Let's hope the result is the same as the hitting. She is pretty observant.





So after reading the story while we were eating dinner, I kept pointing out how her mouth was for eating and drinking.

After bath, I finished up the evening long lesson with a letter to her friend. I asked her if she remembered who she bit at daycare. She said yes, told me his name and teacher sent her to time out. I asked her if she wanted to write an "I'm sorry" letter to her friend for tomorrow. She said yes.




Here is a site that you can order board books:
Best Behavior Series

I hope that she uses the MANY words she has instead of bitting or hitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment